Are CBD Patches Safe? Side Effects and PrecautionsRelease time：2023-11-16 Click：53
With the growing popularity of CBD, many new users wonder - are CBD patches safe? What are the potential side effects and precautions to know before trying them?
CBD patches allow CBD absorption through the skin, providing prolonged relief from pain, anxiety, sleep issues, and more. When used properly, CBD patches are considered very safe with minimal risk of side effects.
- Skin Irritation - Adhesive may cause redness or itching for those with sensitive skin. Choosing hypoallergenic patches can prevent this.
- Dizziness - High doses of CBD could cause lightheadedness. Start with low-dose patches and adjust slowly.
- Diarrhea - Digestive issues are rare but possible if CBD enters the bloodstream and interacts with the GI system.
- Dry Mouth - As with other forms of CBD, patches can inhibit saliva production temporarily. Drink fluids to offset.
- Drowsiness - CBD may induce sleepiness in some, especially at higher doses. Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
While quite rare, CBD does have some drug interactions to be aware of. Talk to your doctor before using CBD patches if you take blood thinners, benzodiazepines, immunosuppressants, or steroids.
- Follow package dosing guidance carefully, starting low.
- Apply to clean, dry skin and rotate location to prevent irritation.
- Never apply a heating pad over patches as it drives CBD into the blood too rapidly.
- Avoid UV exposure to patch areas to prevent skin damage.
- Keep hydrated and monitor yourself for lightheadedness.
When sourced from reputable brands, CBD patches provide prolonged relief with minimal risks. Follow precautions and enjoy the benefits safely!